LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga Review



It's all about the red bricks, baby!

What did I love about this game so much? That's a I really can't answer. Certainly I loved it; I must have put at least 40 hours into it. I unlocked all the unlockables and got so very close to 100% completion that I'm willing to round up and say that I completely finished the game with a clear conscience.

The actual gameplay is so simple that I was at first turned off by it. The combat is terribly simple, and even boss battles could be won by a complete amateur. But, in a way, this is one of the game's successes. LEGO Star Wars, and all the LEGO games for that matter, are very simple, easy to pick up, and hard to put down. In the end, the game has the same appeal as casual games (not what video game journalists call casual games, but real casual games, like solitaire and bejeweled). The gameplay is simple, and terribly repetitive, and I usually play when I'm listening to something else, like a podcast or music or something.

LEGO Star Wars is just plain fun. Unlocking all the characters is fun. Assembling all the mini-kits is addicting. Trying out all the characters to see which one you like the best is fun too. I can't really give you a reason why I wasted so much time on this game, other than, "I was bored."

No comments:

Post a Comment