Is it even possible NOT to startle the witch?


Holy Crap! Left 4 Dead is fun!
4 guys, 2 boxes, all in the same room: It's gaming bliss. It's hilarious. It's exciting. It's scary. And, most of all, it's just plain fun.
The four of us started out on a rooftop trying to figure out how to switch weapons and jump and punch each other and shoot each other. After a bit, before we were fully accustomed to it, a smoker tongue lashed me! All of a sudden I'm reading on the screen that I'm stuck and my teammates (who just decided to jump off the side of the building) will have to rescue me. I died. But wait, I didn't die. I just need reviving. That's just one of the first team-building aspects that they've used in this game to make it really fun.
Eventually we got the hang of things; getting vomited on by boomers, eviscerated by hunters, and pummeled across the map by tanks. If you haven't played before, these terms don't make any sense to you, and probably sound silly. But if you've played, they immediately conjure up images of zombies that you will come to love/hate.
The real fun of the game is in the interactions. When the characters shoot each other they get mad and yell at each other. When your character is in trouble it yells for help. There's a lot of dialogue between the in-game characters. Some of it is helpful and some is hilarious.
I came away with a real feeling that I had been part of a team and that we had really survived something. So far we've had two, three-hour sessions and it stays fun! I'm really looking forward to playing again. I wish I had a 360 so I could play the single player campaign.
Don't startle the witch!

No comments:

Post a Comment