Jak 3: Cheap Death Defined


If you're unfamiliar with the concept of a "fetch quest," see Jak 3. If you're hankering for cheap death and bad controls, see Jak 3. If you like fighting the camera for a good view of the action, see Jak 3. If you're looking for a great action-platformer, see elsewhere.

To be fair, I understand how someone could like this kind of game. It's full of challenges, and satisfying when you finally complete a challenge. But the challenge is a bit too much for me. I had a bad feeling when I died no less than 10 times in the opening sequence of the game.

Maybe it just suffers from Guitar Hero 2 syndrome (where the hardcore fans complained that it was too easy, so they made the sequel punishingly hard). I'm not going to get rid of the game; I think I'll sit on it for a bit. Maybe I'll be in to mood for a challenge someday. Or, maybe I'll get one of the previous Jak games. Or, better yet, maybe I should just go buy another Ratchet & Clank game!

No comments:

Post a Comment