It's getting a little dull, but P3 is still great


Persona 3 is getting boring. The story is extraordinarily predictable and mind-numbingly repetitive. I'm at a point where I'm just about to complete my second set of exams at school. You're literally told about the exams twice a day for the entire week leading up to the exams. It feels like the game designers assume you're playing this game 1 hour a week and that you forget easily.

Also, every single thing they've revealed in the story has been completely obvious to me; such as the big shadow attacks occurring on full moons and members of SEES being related to participants in the Kirijo group experiments that blew up the school.

So predictable. So boring.

Honestly, I'm still very hopeful that the game will pick back up again. They've introduced the enemy Persona users, and that aspect of the game could go either way. And the change of pace was nice with the trip to the beach. I enjoyed Operation Babe Hunt, and I like the new character too, Aigis. Though, her introduction was, again, completely predictable as she is featured HEAVILY in the box art.

The combat system is what keeps me going as it is still the best aspect of the game. I'm starting to get the hang of Persona fusion. It's fun to experiment and see what skills can be transferred. My new tactic is to level-up my basic Personas, like Pixie and Orpheus, register their leveled up stats in the compendium, and fuse whatever I have to make the most powerful Personas that I can. The combat system and the dating aspect make me very hopeful. I'll keep playing, happily!

No comments:

Post a Comment