Animal Crossing is nice, very nice



I approached this game all wrong in the beginning. I had an RPG mindset, as if I could somehow collect everything there was to be collected and that would somehow make me powerful. Once I learned to relax with the game, it really became fun. I learned that it's better to go light on the agenda and heavy on the exploration.

No, I'm not done with Animal Crossing: City Folk. Can you ever be done with it? Seriously, I suppose there's a point where you've done everything, and caught all the fish, and collected all the furniture, and met all the characters, but I seriously doubt I will ever reach that point. And that's really the idea of this game: It's not an RPG to be conquered, it's a never-ending collection game.

Everything about this game is fun. Once I figured out that the game plays much better with the nunchuk I was completely pleased with the controls. I could just wander around my town, pluck weeds, plant flowers, catch bugs, pick fruit, buy furniture, make shirt designs, etc. It's like a vacation. There's an addictive collection aspect to the game that is very fun. But, it's fun to talk to all the characters and build up your relationship with them as well. The fact that they've given you the ability to change the time of day and the day of the year is appreciated as well. If you are trying to collect something that is only available on a certain day then this helps enormously.

The game is meant to be relaxing, and that's just what it is. Once I got over my compulsions I thoroughly enjoyed every moment I played of it, and looking at the screenshots from my previous posts makes me want to play again. What the heck: I'm in the mood to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment