Plants vs. Zombies has eaten my brains!



Plants vs. Zombies is sucking me away from the better things in life. I've been totally obsessed with it for the past couple days. I played it in my sleep last night. And, to top things off, I'm only NOT playing it now because my hand hurts from playing it so much. Seriously! I can barely type.

Having said that, I can tell that this isn't the deep and rich tower defense game that I'm craving. I loved Desktop Tower Defense to death, and this doesn't hold the same place in my heart. Still, PvZ is very addicting and fun, and very well made; I really liked it!

What can I say about it? It's great for what it is. You have to defend your hard by using your array of turrets, mines, walls, and other tools. The unique thing is that your turrets are plants that shoot seeds, your mines are potatoes, your walls are giant walnuts, and your other tools are plant-based weaponry as well. And, just as the name suggests, you have to use these plants to defend yourself from the approaching zombies.

There's a ton a different types of weapons. My favorite is the Doom-shroom that explodes in a mushroom cloud and leaves a crater in your lawn. Similarly, there are a ton of different types of zombies. My favorite is the dancing zombie (looking very similar to the late Michael Jackson) who dances with his zombie buddies, who keep respawing until you destroy the leader. And, by destroy, I really mean knock its head off, because that's how you kill zombies in this game.

There's also a ton of mini games and variations on the game as well. I could remain occupied for another day or two of this game, if it didn't make me feel so guilty. I swear, I've done nothing but play PvZ all day today. I have to stop.

On a side not, I bought the game for a substantially reduced price from Steam, the Valve owned game DRM client. The experience was very good. From what I've heard I could install the Steam client on other computers as well. Perhaps I should put it on the kid's computer; the kids seem to like watching me play.

No comments:

Post a Comment